Dimpled orange frosting and licorice laces make this basketball cake look deliciously realistic. It's as much fun to make as it is to eat.
- Prep: 20 min. Bake: 1 hour + cooling
- Yield: 12-16 Servings
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1-1/2 cups canned vanilla frosting
- Orange paste food coloring
- 4 pieces black shoestring licorice
- Prepare cake batter according to package directions. Pour into a greased and floured 2-1/2-qt. ovenproof bowl.
- Bake at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from bowl to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, combine frosting and food coloring. Place cake on a serving plate. Spread with frosting. Gently press a meat mallet into frosting so texture resembles a basketball. For seams, gently press licorice into frosting. Yield: 12-16 servings.